Deut. 6:4-7
"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. These words that I am giving you today are to be in your heart. Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Homeschool for One More Year

So, I've finally decided (outloud) that we will homeschool both girls again next year. I think that the oldest could benifet from staying home again and learning with me. The younger one really could go either way, but...I am not going to have different schools for them at this age. I could just see it, one at home and one in public school.....the one at home feels like she has less time with buddies. Then the one at school decides she likes which field trip we are going on and she wants to stay home for the day to "have school" with us. Uh....no. For now, they go where the other goes and I guess where I go too. It's daunting thinking about another year with little free time to myself, but I know it will be worth it in the long run. They are here with me for such a short time.

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

1 comment:

Hyperactive Lu said...

I'm proud of you for making such a hard decision! Good job! And yes, I do think you and the girls will look back on these two years with a lot of good memories! :)

I'll be praying that God continues to give you ways to get out and away from your kids for much needed Mommy time!!!