Deut. 6:4-7
"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. These words that I am giving you today are to be in your heart. Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Missing our friends!

Friends are so important....even more important when you don't have family that live close by....even more important when we as a family decided that we needed to "invest in our friends like family."

Our friends that just moved to Colorado were friends that we invested in like family. As far as I am concerned, they are family. I love their girls like I would nieces; their son, just recently started actually talking to me! (this is HUGE, as he is quite shy!) Their baby, I could just eat up her endless cheeks and never grow tired of watching her explore her world. Their conversation... never at a loss for something to talk about: religion, politics, news, our kids, adoption, homeschooling, or just struggling to catch up from the past week over the noise level of 7 children :) In her, a fellow homeschool mom that has been doing it longer than me, but we could still commiserate about our kids' quirks. (Come on, I know your kids are perfect angels at the kitchen table during school...aren't they?)

Other things I love about them: they're a big family, they're passionate about their kids, they are strong Christians, they do some things different, but not extreme, and they put the adoption bug in my ear.

It's funny, what started out as a wonderful friend for my sweet daughter, instead turned into family friends.

We are so blessed and all around better people because we know the Delays.

No comments: