Deut. 6:4-7
"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. These words that I am giving you today are to be in your heart. Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two books you have gotta read!!!

So, I finished these 2 great books over the past couple weeks that I think EVERYONE should read. The 1st is a nonfiction that completely changed my view of God, in a great way! I can't hardly say much about it and not spoil the book, but it addresses the question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" and it helps us see just how important a relationship is with God, not just the weekend rituals of church. The book is called The Shack by William Young. Go out, buy it, read it, I think you'll be happy you did. BTW...you may want to buy a box of tissues along with the book. :)

Okay, 2nd GREAT book is Email to the Front, by Alesia Holliday. It is a book a Navy wife wrote with her emails back and forth to her husband during deployment. For me(since Kelly is gone right now), I can completely relate to almost everything she writes about. I laughed so hard that I was crying. If you don't even think you would like the book, just stop in the library and ready the lawn mower chapter, I promise you'll end up taking it home and reading the rest of the book. The greatest thing about the book though is this: it lets all the wives whose DH have to go away for work (military and non-military) know that they are not alone. And for all you "civilians" it gives you a wonderful insight to what most have no clue is going on. All over the world, our military is risking their lives for us, and all over the country, spouses are pulling out their hair trying to keep the kids happy and the laundry done, all while counting the days till their loved one comes home.

Happy reading!

No comments: