Deut. 6:4-7
"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. These words that I am giving you today are to be in your heart. Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Paper Mache

So, the paper mache penguin turned out great, but I will say that we are not a typical family in the way that my kids like messy projects. No....after a few strips of paper mache and Big sis could no longer avoid getting a bit on her hands, she was done.

He's pretty darn cute if I do say so myself :) (He should be, mom worked very hard on him!)
Black and White party at co-op. The kids all did great on their projects!

Yes, if she were in public school, she may have done this. Yes, I probably did this when I was little. But truth be known, I don't remember it....it didn't have any influence on who I am or my education. Quite frankly....I'd just rather skip it next time ;) Does that make me a bad homeschool mom? Think what you'd like, we like to be outside, we like to bake, we like to read, we like movies (gasp!), and darn-it, we like our workbooks! This folks, is why we are in a co-op, so the co-op teacher can get the mess out, she can get the paint out, she can clean it up, and I get the finished product and happy children and no stressed out mommy!!!! (and then we go home and work on our workbooks....)

No comments: