Deut. 6:4-7
"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. These words that I am giving you today are to be in your heart. Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I miss the zoo!

Yes, that's what I said, I miss the zoo! Why, you ask? Well, we are homeschooling and so we went ahead and got a yearly pass again this year thinking, wow, think of all the chances we will get to go to the zoo! What a great field trip!

Yes, it's sad, but I have NOT been to the zoo since I got our new passes! Our gas situation is just still so out of control and still so unpredictable. Every couple of days, several gas stations that I pass on the road are actually out of gas. I am very thankful that it is starting to return to normal and that I am not waiting in 30+ minute lines for gas like last week. BUT, I think that it would be unwise to make the 45 minute trip with my kids just to go to the zoo. On top of the fact that gas is scarce, you add in the price factor of gas and we are no longer talking about a cheap trip up the road a piece. (that's how they say it down here in the south, LOL, I thought I'd give it a try)

So, my hope is that gas flow in the south will return to normal and maybe, just maybe, if gas goes below $3.50 a gallon, we may make it for our 1st zoo field trip of the year. I can pray anyways! I just hope it's not too cold by then. :)

No comments: