Deut. 6:4-7
"Listen, Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. These words that I am giving you today are to be in your heart. Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

God Bless All you Mothers of Boys!

LOL! I'm serious! I am on day 3 of 5 for VBS at our church this week and I am helping out with the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. I am one of the ones that rotates to all of their classes of VBS and boy oh boy! They are a breath of fresh air from my own preschool age children, but they are a hand full!

I am amazed at their true kindness to each other at times and then the split second later, they are being crazy kids. At this age, it is very apparent that the girls are surpassing the boys in maturity and that has been a huge eye opener. Some of these boys are so sweet and truly respectful, but they just cannot help being boys. They are constantly moving and pushing and hitting each other (only in a way that boys that are friends can do, seeing as if girls did that to each other, someones feelings may get hurt), and they are unable to really focus on task without being reminded several times.

I have decided that I am a mother of girls through and through. And, though I may be singing the blues when the teenage years are here; right now, I am glad that I have girls. I don't think I would have the energy to keep up with boys! :)

So, for all of you moms out there with little toddler boys, or grade school age boys, and you manage to keep up with them (even if it's barely some days), YOU GO GIRL!

And, if you would all say a quick prayer for me, we have 2 days left! ;)

No comments: